I would like to start by saying that the last thing I worry about when "blogging" is grammar/putting complete thoughts into correct MLA sentences.
NOw we can begin.
Music:
Merriam Webster defines it as-the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity.
To me not so much... I find music as the reason sweeto bands such as The Used, Panic! At THe Disco, and Hinder get out of bed and put two or three power chords together with some whiney lyrics and call it an LP(full album for all you less knowledgable people out in this world). Some of the music I listen may not reflect your personal music choices, such as Taking Back Sunday, The Strokes, Bloc Party, Arcade Fire, Brand New(only the new cd), and Bright Eyes.
A Weekend In the City:The sophmore cd by Bloc Party. I found that this cd was one of the best cds I have purchased in a while. Now most might tell you that this cd is not nearly as good as the first cd, Silent Alarm, but I do not believe so. I believe that although Silent Alarm is a phonomenal cd by this phonomenal band I think it should not really be compared with AWITC because they are both so very different, not different in that Bloc Party completely changed thier style and doesnt sound the same. Silent alarm has many stand out songs such as Helocopter, Banquet and Shes Hearing Voices, and some I dont really care for where as on AWITC every song is really amazing. But I think that AWITC has a more matured sense to it with a less punk rock sound(Silent alarm being very punk rockish) and a more Radiohead/U2 sound but the cd still has that very distinguished old Bloc Party style to it. When first listening to AWITC songs such as The Prayer(first Single), I Still Remember and Hunting for Witches, and Sunday stood out to me. The Prayer starting off with a very new and different sound of kind of a hard stomp clap beat. Then added with the humming of Bassist Gorden Moakes and drummer Matt Tong then added by Kele Okereke's beautiful lyrics. The song is very new and as ive said before matured for Bloc Party but it still has its old Bloc style to it. I Still Remember is possibly one of the best off the album. It is opened with a nice riff that just screams kick A double Money Sign(kick A$$) all over it. Hunting for Witches is a song that is for all those who refuse to let go of Silent Alarm it is a great song that could have been ripped off Silent Alarm but i still love it. It gives the cd that sense of the BLOC being the same old Bloc we know and love from the last cd. The cd is a great cd to just pop in the car while driving or just to have a good sit and listen to relentlesly, I also say that it is a good'n for dancing to. In the end I must say that I love This cd like it is my child, it might be one of my all time favorate cds ever. I also had the privlage of seeing this band last month in Atlanta this band is absoloutly amazing live and if you have any chance to see this unbeliveable band you should definatly. So I give this cd a respecatble 9.5 out of 10. The only reason it is not given a 10 0ut of 10 is because .......No I change my mind its a 10 out of 10. Everyone should go out and purchase this cd cause I said so.
Love
Falco
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Thanks for telling me about your blog bre. Nevermind you didn't. And it hurts me to say that you question the truth of Digital Love.
Post a Comment